Friday, February 21, 2014

Gender Divergent

So this is the start. It's always hard to know where to start something so I think I will start just with some facts so you can see where we are coming from.

It's likely that you're wondering what I mean by Gender Divergent. Also called Gender Non-Conforming, Gender Creative, and a great number of other things it simply means that you don't conform to gender norms. Girls playing with trucks and wearing boys clothing. Boys playing with dolls in a princess dress. These are just basic examples of something that can be very broad.

My son, a thirteen year old now has been Gender Divergent since 3 years of age which seems to be a common age for these things to occur.

In writing this blog I suppose I am just hoping to share our journey with others because if your child is exhibiting signs of Gender Creativity you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment